For me, giving mature clients a “suitable” set of lashes is one of the most rewarding parts of being a lash artist. Far too often I see the more ‘mature” client wearing a set of extensions that is just not suitable for them: usually too long, too curly and far too bold – and actually it can make their eyes look too heavy and really age them – everything they don’t want!
The issue here, is that many artists do not understand that you have to lash mature clients very different to how we lash the younger client – instead they just use their usual technique, the same lashes and the same style thinking one style suits all – and as we know this is not the case.
When considering the more mature client we have to consider the following:
- Natural lashes have thinned out over the years
- Inner and outer corner natural lashes will be much thinner
- Natural lashes become lighter
- Heavy hoods over the eyes may appear
- Overall facial features have started to droop
- Black or bold lashes will look too “OVER THE TOP”
As such here are my top tips for lashing mature clients: