A case study is photographic evidence of your work to show your understanding of both the theory and practical taught on your course and the ability to apply this to real models outside of your training.
- There is no time limit to complete your case studies.
- Students MUST pass 4 case studies in order to gain their certification.
- Case studies are assessed by trainers from the Eyelash Excellence team.
- Each case study must be performed on a different model – select “suitable models” that showcase your ability to work on a variety of eyelash types.
- We will accept a maximum of 2 resubmissions for each case study (any resubmission MUST be performed on a different model).
- If you do not pass after 2 resubmissions, you will then be offered free additional training either in person or if unable to re-attend then online support.
- Case studies will be assessed within 5 working days (due to staff commitments).
- The trainer’s decision on case studies is final.
- Do NOT send all of your case studies at once, wait for our feedback where you may be requested to work on certain areas. If multiple case studies are sent at once then it is likely you will be asked for resubmissions.
- Photographs MUST be clear, taken close up and in good lighting. You MUST send the correct photographs as demonstrated on the next pages. Failure to provide the correct photographs may lead to a fail. Please do not resize images, send in original format so that image quality isn’t lost.
- There MUST be a minimum of 10 photographs and 1 video submitted for assessment.
- Please ensure that where stated in the photographs, pads are left on the client to show the NLs. Without pads, the lower lashes can show through and distort the set.
- Do NOT use any editing apps, filters or skin smoothing on your photos, this will result in a FAIL.
In all case studies please state the following:
- Your full name
- The course you attended/took online
- The date of the course you attended/purchased
- Your case study number (case study #1,#2,#3,#4 or “Resubmission of case study #2 etc.
- Lash map used i.e. from inner to outer 6/7/8/9/10/11/12/11/10/9/8/7 (this MUST match the photo of your mapping used on your eye-pads)
- Describe in detail the styling choice and reasons for this (Beginners students use Kitten effect only)
- The thickness and curl(s) used
- The percentage of natural lashes covered (min of 70% coverage)
- For volume students – the dimension of the fan (3D/4D/5D/6D etc.)
- Describe what you felt went well and what didn’t/could be improved on
For any clarification of the above please contact us.