A case study is photographic evidence of your work, to show your level of understanding from the online course you have taken.
- There is no time limit for you to complete your case studies.
- Each student is required to pass 4 case studies, in order to get your certificate. Each case study submitted will be assessed by a member of the team, you will be provided feedback and if your case study does not meet criteria then you will be asked to provide a resubmission of this case study on a new model.
- Resubmissions – we will accept a maximum of 2 resubmissions, if you do not pass after initial case study and 2 resubmission’s then you will be offered one further training session to work on the issues identified in your case studies. For online students we will offer further support via video’s and Skype to work through the areas of concern.
- If you are studying the Fan Perfection volume online course, then only 2 case studies are required, however please read the additional requirements in the Fan Perfection section below, to ensure you submit the specific videos required for this course. Failure to submit these videos may mean that we are unable to assess your case study.
- If you are studying the MEGA volume online course, then only 2 case studies are required (x2 sets of approx. 4 hours each). MEGA volume case studies must be a minimum of 9D, using 0.05mm thickness or finer. This client must be suitable to support MEGA volume and has strong natural lashes.
- Each case study must be performed on a different client, so that you show the ability to work on a variety of eyelash types.
- Photographs must be clear, taken close-up, in focus and in good lighting. Please do not use any filters, skin smoothing Apps etc. on your photos; I am looking for the quality of your lash work only. Please send them in their original size, format and do not put them in a collage app, send them individually.
- If images are out of focus, you will be given an opportunity to resend them, if we are still unable to see the detail in your work, we will have no choice but to fail your case study and ask for a resubmission
Please take a variety of photographs, as the more the better. Photographs are to be taken from the following angles and MUST show clear before (without extensions) and after results. Please ensure they are taken at the same angle for your before and after. When taking your full face photo please ensure your client is sat up, and you are at eye level.
You can have or leave the under eye pads on the client whilst taking photos, this is acceptable and can assist to show the lashes more clearly.
There should be a minimum of 10 photographs and one video submitted for assessment. Please ensure that you understand what is required from you, using the visual examples below to assist you.
Photographs must be clear, close-up, in focus and show the following angles as demonstrated below (click to enlarge):